Choose Us For Safe Electrical Upgrades in Peoria IL
Electrical upgrades are often needed in older buildings that need to be updated to reflect newer codes. Getting upgrades, when specified, is very important in keeping the risk of fire, shock and other complications at bay. If your home or business is still working with fuses or if your circuit breakers are always tripping, Laser Electric Inc. can install a more robust system featuring a new breaker panel and overload correction. Perhaps you want to upgrade to an energy-efficient lighting system. Whatever the case, we can help. Many businesses, just like yours, have partnered with us for system installation and upgrades, backed by sophisticated testing technology that enhances the safety of your operations. Our electrical contractors can provide upgrades as part of your home or business improvement, renovation or new construction project. Choose us for safe electrical upgrades in Peoria IL today.
Our commercial, residential and industrial electrical contractors in Peoria IL, are skilled and experienced at retrofitting and upgrading any electrical components, from wall sockets to lighting and beyond. We are proud to be the go-to name in the electrical contracting field, providing services throughout the Central Illinois area.
Signs You Need an Electrical Upgrade
You may not give your electrical system much thought every day, but it might be in more danger than you assume. If you notice any of these warning signs, your system may need an upgrade or retrofit.
- Light Switches Are Hot to Touch: While your light switches turn the lights on okay, you may notice they feel hot when turning the lights off. The main reason for this is electrical overload.
- Charred, Discolored, or Broken Outlets: Dust, dirt, grease, and grime all cause minor yellowing and staining on your outlets, which can often be wiped away. However, if you notice charring or soot on the outlet, a small fire has already started within your walls. Poor wiring starts sparks, which start flames, which gives off smoke.
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips: Circuit breakers are there to protect your electrical circuit from overloading. When the breaker senses too much electricity flowing through the wires, it stops the power before damage can occur. The occasional trip is okay – it is showing you that your circuit breaker is doing its job. However, when this happens far too often, faulty wiring and electrical panel issues could be to blame.
- Dimming, Flickering Lights: When your lights flicker in one room or throughout the home, or when the furnace kicks on, this should be addressed.
- Blown-Out Bulbs: If your bulbs rarely last as long as they should, faulty wiring can be causing too much electricity to flow into the bulb. What results is premature deterioration.
- High Utility Bills: If your bill has been jumping up significantly, your older home could have faulty wiring.
If you notice any of these red flags, call us immediately.
Contact Laser Electric Inc.
To learn more about our electrical upgrades and related services, please contact us at 309-693-2400. We are conveniently located at 3611 S.W. Adams St. right here in Peoria.